Burzynski Scam

Our Story Featured in USA Today!

Our story has been featured in the November 15-17, 2013 weekend edition of USA Today. Check out the full article here. The Detroit Free Press has also picked up the USA Today story.

The following are excerpts from the story.

“When you want so hard to believe something, you end up listening to your heart and not your head,” says Lisa Merritt of Armuchee, Ga., whose husband, Wayne, was treated briefly by Burzynski in 2009. The couple say that Burzynski misled them about the type of treatment that would be offered, as well as the cost. Burzynski, she says, is “the worst kind of predator.”

“Wayne Merritt, a farmer from Armuchee, Ga., went to see Burzynski in 2009 after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He had hoped to receive antineoplastons, an unapproved drug that Burzynski legally prescribes through an FDA-approved clinical trial. Merritt didn’t qualify for the trial, and was disappointed to realize that the drugs he had been prescribed were conventional chemotherapy. Merritt abandoned the treatments after only a few weeks after learning that they would cost $30,000 a month.”

“Wayne Merritt and his wife, Lisa, say they got a “high-pressure sales pitch” from the Burzynski Clinic. “We felt like he was out to get every penny he could get from us in a short amount of time,” said Lisa Merritt, from Armuchee, Ga. The Merritts, who tell their story at burzynskiscam.com, said one of Burzynski’s employees, Marc Stephens, called them in 2011 to say that they could face legal action if they did not take down the site. The couple refused, said Lisa Merritt, also a cancer survivor. “I said, ‘I have had breast cancer and faced death. My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and he’s facing death,’ ” Lisa Merritt told Burzynski’s representative at the time. “What do you think you can threaten us with that is going to scare me after this?’”

Don’t Make the Same Mistake We Did

Ok, I know people don’t like to waste a lot of time reading about people’s complaints BUT, if you or a loved one has received the diagnosis of cancer, PLEASE take the time to read this about our experience with the Burzynski Clinic in Houston Texas! We feel we were scammed and would like to save others from experiencing the same!

The Beginning

My husband was diagnosed with stage IV Pancreatic/Liver Cancer in September 2009. This sent us on a frantic search to find a suitable treatment. I had just finished up treatment for Breast Cancer and he had watched me go through chemo and radiation. So, to say the least, he was not thrilled with the idea of having to do the same, especially when the prognosis for pancreatic cancer is very grim in itself (virtually no hope of survival according to the medical community). We were told he had less than 6 months with conventional treatment and 6-12 months with treatment. We felt we had to try something that would – at the very least – give us hope.

Stanislaw Burzynski: Our Godsend?

In came The Burzynski Clinic in Houston TX. They claimed to have had success with Pancreatic/Liver Cancer patients! Up to 5 years of survival, we were told. Wow! 5 years sounds like an eternity when you’ve been given only 6 months!!!! They sent us all the paperwork, we sent them all the medical records, and plans were made to become a patient. We were told that insurance would cover, not all, but some of the treatment. We knew there would be some out of pocket expense, due to his treatment protocol being somewhat out of the norm from the rest of the medical community. We travelled to Houston expecting an initial, upfront cost for consultation with Dr. Burzynski and staff, and an overall checkup.

We were a little taken aback when we arrived and the “clinic” was a “suite” on the second floor of a 3 story building. Hmmmm…I tried to pass it off. When you want so hard to believe something, sometimes you end up listening to your heart and not your head. Next came our meeting with the doctors…it went well. Dr. Burzynski personally assured us that he had had success with this particular type of cancer. “Two months” he said, “and we’ll see a difference.”

boingboing

Then it was time to go see the Insurance Coordinator. Whoa! Granted, the first visit wasn’t that bad. She asked for the initial upfront money we knew we were going to need to pay. However, from that day forward, this was our life:

• Office Visit
  • Simple checkup by the nurse, using what we considered to be sub-standard equipment
  • Doctor visit (not Burzynski, never saw him again)
  • Addition of medication
  • VISIT TO THE INSURANCE COORDINATOR TO HEAR HOW MUCH WE WOULD BE CHARGED FOR THE ADDITIONAL MEDICATION. We were told over and over again “this is upfront, out of pocket, but I’m trying to get the insurance company to pay on it.” We have good insurance, one of the best.

These meds did not cost hundreds of dollars, but thousands!

I’ll spare the gory details, but when all was said and done:

• We were out almost $20,000 to the clinic
  • We were out money for accommodations since the Burzynski Clinic is an outpatient facility
  • We were out money for travel expenses
  • AND, after we got home and started figuring up all the medications they had put him on and how much it would cost us to keep him on them, we nearly choked on our tongues when it added up to almost $30,000.00 per month!

You would think that is as bad as it could get…but NO!!! After we decided there was no possible way we could afford to do this we called the clinic to see how we might start weaning him off the medicine prescribed by Burzynski Clinic. WE WERE NOT TRANSFERRED TO A NURSE OR DOCTOR, BUT TO THE INSURANCE COORDINATOR!!! We never received any information from them with instructions on how to come off the meds. We ended up calling our local pharmacist and he was able to help us out.

Conclusion

• Along with the long list of other meds that were supposed to work in conjunction with each other, the Burzynski Clinic gave my husband standard chemotherapy medications. We were never told that two of the medications were conventional chemo medications. We discovered from our local pharmacy that one medication the Burzynski Clinic had charged us over $2300.00 for could have been purchased from the pharmacy for around $170.00.
  • After we stopped with their treatment, we were told that he WOULD NOT BE able to take part in any first round clinical trials because he had taken chemo medications – no matter how small the dose, or how short the duration. WE WERE NOT TOLD THIS UP FRONT.
  • We contacted several facilities, including The University of Texas and MD Anderson Cancer Clinic, none of which will see him because of the treatment he received at the Burzynski Clinic.
  • His only option now is conventional chemo treatment, which is what we were trying so hard to avoid in the first place!

PLEASE, IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING GOING TO OR TAKING A LOVED ONE TO BURZYNSKI CLINIC, BE CAREFUL! DO YOUR HOMEWORK! THEY WILL TRY TO DRAG YOU IN A BIT HERE AND A BIT THERE AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, YOU MAY BE LIKE US…LEFT WITH NO PLACE TO TURN AND $20,000 POORER!

AND we only received treatment for less than a month!

As for the people they had helped with pancreatic/liver cancer; they gave us a list of contacts. The sheet contained 4 names of pancreatic patients. 1 would not allow you to contact them and, out of the other 3, the earliest diagnosis was in March of 2009! Where are the people that have survived for 3 years, 4 years, 5 years!!!!???? Heck, even 1 year would have been nice!

In our opinion, the Burzynski Clinic is selling false hope at a price no common person can afford!

Comments From Others

steve says:

February 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Burzynski is not a fraud. My Aunt was told she had six months to live. She didnt want to believe that and found another solution. Also a lot of money out of her pocket, she lived to tell the story. its been 4 years since and shes still alive and kicking.

peaceout72 says:

February 15, 2012 at 12:08 am

Obviously the treatment must have worked for you, since it seems you are still alive and you are healthy enough to put up this website.

February 29, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Peaceout72,

He is alive due to EVERYTHING else we have elected to do. Burzynski did NOTHING to help us. Unless you count helping us to clear out our bank account!

John says:

February 15, 2012 at 11:22 am

I’ve read half of these comments and here is my opinion. The Dr. Burzynski Documentary does not claim 100% success…I think the number was something like 11 of 20 patients…The long and short here is that his success rate was much better thank conventional chemotherapy. Considering this…and the fact that he can’t get Federal Funding and our Federal Gov’t did try to steal his patent as this is documented in court studies…He would have to charge for his treatment…its the only way he can operate. Plus, considering this…low budget practices tend to have older equipment because of funding. While I do emphathise with your experience, please try to relay this to people as this web blog only shows that you were stressed about the money and backed away. I hope your loved ones won their battle and I hope the real truth comes out. I’d like to see a Federal NON BIASED OPEN BOOK study on this to prove whether it truely works or that we are being SOLD by the same people who sold your mortgages and stole your 401k!

dana says:

February 16, 2012 at 1:40 am

Dear Lisa and Wayne,
I am sorry for your battles with cancer, it seems it is everywhere these days. My father in law was just diagnosed with it, and I have had several family members who have had it, but I am writing for other reasons. Please read it all, because there are a few other options out there as well.

I have personally known Jack, Marianne, and Dustin Kunnari very well for many years. In the movie Burzynski, they are the ones who spoke at the congressional hearings about their son’s brain cancer treatment through him. We attended the same church as them for about 6 years, and my son and daughter were also friends of their children.
I am sorry, you had such a bad experience with the Burzynski Clinic, but I do know that Jack and Marianne and their son will swear by him, and that Dustin is now a perfectly healthy, normal adult. I also happen to have a niece who developed the EXACT same kind of cancer Dustin had during infancy, and they took the traditional medicine route, including, surgery and either chemo or radiation, but I don’t remember which one. She is now 5, but she does have some serious learning and neurological motor skill disabilities. Is it due to the cancer treatments they gave her? I don’t know for sure, but I would say the toxic treatments probably didn’t help. Hopefully she won’t develop cancer later as a result of these treatments, but Dustin is now somewhere around 21 or so I believe, and he has never gotten his cancer back once he was done with treatment at the Burzynski Clinic. My grandma who also had breast cancer, has only had traditional treatments, and has gotten it back 5 times over the years with long spans of so called cured in between. Personally, I think the treatments themselves later developed into cancer again. I could be wrong, I am no doctor, but just weighing the evidence, gives me some doubt as to whether or not traditional treatments are really any good at all.

Since I personally know two families with the same diagnosis, who have each taken one of these routes, and I know the results of those routes, I would for sure put my money on this so called “Burzynski charlatan”, who treats with non-toxic chemicals, than the “big pharmaceutical and doctor charlatans who treat with toxic chemicals. Believe me, the traditionalists are after your money too, you just don’t realize it as much, because much of it gets paid through insurance, whereas, insurance does not cover Burzynski’s treatment, only the supplies and service. So it seems like alot of money is coming out of your own pockets.

Don’t think for a minute that you won’t have out of pocket expenses by going conventional. You will… my sister and brother in law had to hold benefits for my niece to try to help pay for their “conventional treatment”. Have you ever seen the doctor bills from surgery, chemo, and radiation? Brain surgery in my area costs about $15,500, just for the surgery, anesthesia, and 6 days hospital aftercare stay. This doesn’t include the cost for chemotherapy, or radiation afterwards, which can take months.
Between Dustin and my niece, I would say the Dustin’s outcome succeeded my niece’s outcome.

You said, and I quote, “As far as the survivors,…. where are they? I mean where are they….. really? Have you talked to any of them? Do they have websites out there telling their story of being cured by him? If they are truly out there….. “long term survivors” I’d LOVE to hear from some of them.”

Do you think the people in the congressional hearings were people paid to “claim” Dr. Burzynski’s greatness? They are under an oath I believe. And I can assure you Jack and Marianne are some of the nicest, most honest people I know. They are also believer’s in the Lord.

I believe you are real people fighting a real battle, and by the way, I am sorry for the battle your husband is going through, but don’t say that the people who have been helped by Burzynski aren’t real just because you don’t know them personally. Jack and Marianne are as real as they get. If you don’t believe they are real with a real story, I am sorry, but I don’t think you want to believe, because you feel you have somehow been taken. But it doesn’t mean any less of a success story for them. In fact, I could probably come up with a snowboarding video of my son and Dustin from a few years ago. If I can find it, I will post it for you on youtube, and you can see for yourself that he is alive and well. You have my email address from when I posted this, so you can email me if you like if I forget.

Look around on the internet, you will find a ton of people who are wailing and bemoaning their traditional cancer medical fees, with no hope attached about living long enough to pay them off. Reading your story, it seems that you felt the money was more important than giving the treatment a fighting chance By the way, Dustin’s family was not at all well off. Neither at the time of his treatment, nor now. Anyone with cancer knows, that money is going to become an issue.

I do have one caveat of advice for you though. Get off any red meat. Read the story of Christina Pirello of Christina Cooks. She has a cooking show on channel eight. She was diagnosed with terminal leukemia at 26, and by the time it was identified, it had become acute, and they gave her little hope in conventional therapies. So she sought out unconventional therapies, and she met a man (who I believe is now her husband), who put her on whole natural food diet, and within two months of eating beans, grains, and vegetables, she showed remarkable improvement, and within 14 months, her cancer was gone. It has now been 27 years later, and though I couldn’t care less for a vegan lifestyle, it has saved her life. Might be worth a try for you if money is a problem.

Also, my Grandma knows a lady, who I believe also has pancreatic cancer, and she took all red meats from her diet, and started eating healthy,(it has something to do with red meat creating too much bile in the liver and therefore causes a problem with the cancer) and I think she has been doing great for three years now. However, my husband’s grandma died from pancreatic cancer, but she did not change her eating habits, and only tried the traditional methods of medicine.
Having said all that, I do believe in Dr. Burzynski’s work, but I also would try the whole foods approach first, because I believe whole foods are good for you, and people who live in places where that is all they have, like some of the Indian tribes, have a history of no cancer. Hmmm.

Mike says:

February 19, 2012 at 10:19 am

I think you’ve been sucked in too. Not by Dr. Burzynski but, the FDA hacks…

Mike says:

February 19, 2012 at 10:21 am

The fact that my comments are “waiting” Moderation, tells me a lot about you….The free speech, opinion not aligned with you are Obamafied….

Have a nice day….

February 29, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I have been out of state for 2 weeks with no access to internet.

Not that I owe you any explanation, but there it is.

sarah says:

February 22, 2012 at 9:41 am

I came across this so called miracle doctor today! never heard of him before! My partner has Astrocytoma grade 3 and i so want to believe he would help him take this awful cancer away, but after his 2 ops including right frontal lobe removal carried out 2 weeks ago and possible chemo..i am a realist and so is he.. and i for one know that Doctor Burzynski cannot do anything more than what the marvellous doctors over in the uk are doing for us now…
Thanks so much for this interesting reading!

Gary W----- says:

February 23, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Hi there. We took our 7-year-old son to the B. clinic in the mid 90s. He had a brainstem glioma, the doctors said he had only months to live, and we were desperate. While the clinic treated us well, my son did not respond at all to the therapy (it was the strangest experience: all I can really remember is that the drugs, and the entire clinic, smelled like urine). We were sent home with the drugs after a month, and my son died a month after that. We were left with some huge bill, but, fortunately, our provider ended up covering them after a prolonged fight–if you go to B.’s clinic, make sure you will be covered for experimental treatments first, or you could be wiped out. The B. clinic thrives because parents and loved ones are desperate when other avenues run dry. I’m not saying he’s necessarily a scam artist, but my wife and I were left with a very negative impression overall.

David says:

February 23, 2012 at 5:47 pm

…I live in houston where Dr.Byurzynski clinic is located and have been to his clinc.His name is clearly visible in very large letters at the top of the building.I suggest you take a look at the Burzynski Patient Group .org for the people he has saved.Some of his patients have been featured on various news stories,some can be found on You Tube.

February 29, 2012 at 6:14 pm

David,

If I was wrong about the sign being on the building, I sincerely apologize. I will admit, when we were there, it was just after a devastating diagnosis, and building signs were not exactly top on my list. However, I truly do not remember it.

James says:

February 24, 2012 at 1:45 am

I understand your frustration at the exuberant fees you were charged. I am wondering as to why the Burzynski clinic is trying to pull in big bucks instead of treating as many as possible to prove the good that they can do. Do you feel that all of the folks that testified on Capitol Hill were fake? These children that were given no chance of survival were all an orchestrated fraud? The fact that the state of Texas and the FDA could not convince any of the patients to lodge any complaints seems amazing considering the treatment didn’t work? Have you read “The Truth About the Drug Companies” by Marcia Angell , Senior Lecturer in Social Medicine at Harvard Medical School and former Editor in Chief of The New England Journal of Medicine? Can anyone not be suspicious of the way Big Pharma and the FDA operates? Cancer is big money and saving lives is not in their main agenda.

Carl says:

February 24, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Lisa, you claim above that the Burzinski Clinic’s name is not on its building, stating absurdly that it must have been Photoshopped in. I went on Google maps to the clinic’s address at 9432 Katy Freeway, 77055 and, after some navigating, in Google’s Street View from the nearest point on the adjacent freeway, I got a view that clearly shows Burzynski Clinic written next to the number 9432 on the top of the clinic’s building, just as shown on the clinic’s main Web page here:

Just go to maps.google.com, and type the clinic’s address into the search box:

9432 Katy Freeway, 77055,

then drag the little street view figure onto the map at “Interstate 10 Frontage Road,” just *above* the freeway (between the freeway and where the map marker shows the clinic to be). Use the navigation right arrows to spin around until a large glass building appears in the distance. Zoom in if you like. The clinic’s name and street number are very clearly visible on the building.

Personally, I think that you, Lisa, are in fact a real person who has had a bad experience in the course of a very difficult encounter with cancer. But from the above I think that you may be making things up to bolster the negative view of Burzinski that you have formed. You should give us real information, not made-up accusations, and have the respect to let us make up our own minds based on that real information. You’re not the only person here who has suffered from cancer, and you may be depriving someone of a useful option by making untrue claims about such basic things as the clinic’s ownership and occupation of its own large building.

February 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Carl,

*Please see my comment to David.

Andy says:

February 25, 2012 at 8:03 pm

You know I read this and thought, this complaint isn’t about Dr Burzynski’s cancer treatment: it is about money. It is about processes. It is about the system and how it doesn’t support alternative treatments – so they never get properly funded for research, and thus never get the required evidence they need to show successes.

Now, I don’t blame anyone who is sick for being disgusted that they live in a country where more money is spent on health than anywhere else on earth, yet ordinary people cannot get insurance cover for their chosen treatment, and all natural therapies are virtually dismissed by conventional medicine as a scam.

The documentation needed by the clinic …can you really blame him?

He’s been hounded for most of his medical career by authorities who want to discredit him. He is the only person in America that has a potential cure for some cancers – who can own the patent for his protocol, all other being mufti billion dollar pharmaceutical companies.

Who is gaining most from this monopoly?

Certainly not the half million plus people who die in the US from cancers. Dr Burzynski is only practicing in America still (as opposed to being in jail) because they cannot prove that he doesn’t get results with some cancers previously thought to be incurable.

Dr Burzynski is 100% right to refuse to include those who have had radiation or chemo into his research study because, as has happened to many other ‘alternative’ doctors – their survival rates are challenged – every time because they cannot know for certain that it was the chemo, radiation or Dr Burzynski’s protocol, that caused the remission or cure.

How can Dr Burzynski be fully credited (or discredited) until he gets the same level of funding and the same level of support – as the chemical companies? I doubt if all of their ‘disoveries’ are useful, but they are allowed to spend loads of money on finding that out.

Don’t blame Dr Burzynski: blame the system he has to work within.

Don’t blame those who have been cured using alternative methods from speaking up about it – who has the time to put up with those who want to discredit their experience.

Does it rally matter if a doctor wears a lab coat he’s had for years? Does that make him less of a doctor?

It is a terrible reflection on the way health dollars are spent that universally available medical treatment is not a higher priority that chemical drug research.

Alternative health methods don’t exist in a vacuum: they exist because individuals want better results. They want it whether or not they can afford health insurance.

I’m glad that you have found a therapy that you can live with. Literally.

Regards

Sandra says:

February 26, 2012 at 12:00 am

You should read more about what the govt did to try to stop treatment by this Dr who is a SAINT. The FDA, NCI, Texas MB….since the early 80′s. I think of you that don’t do your research of all facts are so stupid and fools. Fools of propanganda by the US govt intent on stealing anything a person has for profit. I urge you all to be informed of how much money your tax dollars have already. An unapproved drug by the FDA which funds the govt for approval. Wasn’t it your own govt that will stop at nothing for a profit of a few in power? Wake up stupid people.

A.J. says:

March 2, 2012 at 9:35 am

I hear people say the Burzinski clinic is “unprofessional” or as Lisa put it ” one small suite in a three story building”. Did it ever occur to you that the reason for this is not unprofessionalism but lack of funds? The Burzinski clinic doesn’t have the huge pharmaceuticals funding his research and treatment. The people out there who complain about a scam simply buy into the lie perpetrated by the so called respectable medical society. How many cases of advanced cancer have they cured? Lisa, your story may be real to you but its only your interpretation and you have no right to to call a good doctor a fraud because of it. There are numerous success stories of children and adults cured with no harmful sideeffects of types of brain cancer and other forms of cancer that the established medical system could not cure. If there was the kind of funding that so called conventional medicine enjoys for the kind of cancer treatment at the Burzinski clinic offers you would see a lot more people cured.

Brian says:

March 2, 2012 at 3:21 pm

My wife has stage IV melanoma. Her evidence of disease is very low thank God, but the damn tumor is in a place that makes surgery too risky. We are at MD Anderson and we’re to the point of having to consider targeted immune therapy which if unsuccessful could lead to chemo which isn’t all that effective. I asked our Dr. about alternative treatments beyond “hospital” treatments and to our surprise, mentioned Burzynski as an option. No agenda here, just stating the facts. By the way, that conversation was this week (2/29/12) and I have it recorded as I do with every dr. appt. I was hoping to gain some clarity on this controversial facility, but must admit I don’t know what to believe after reading every post on here. Can anyone suggest another way to gain insight?

Amber says:

March 19, 2012 at 2:51 am

My husband just got diagnosed with cancer on top of his head. He had a big bump on it and it was growing like wild fire. I saw Dr. Oz 2 weeks ago and he suggested a cream made with eggplant extract. We bought this cream called ‘Curaderm’ and applied it 2-5 times a day for the last 10 days. His bump on top of his head is 90% gone! Now, I am reading on the internet that Dr. Oz recommend the BC film movie to watch. I am so confused with reading this blog because the cream is working and he recommends BC.

I love to read instead of shop, so this week I have read 3 awesome books. My favorite alternative that I found and will be buying tomorrow is the ‘Onnetsuki Far-infrared Therapy’. The book is “Overcoming Cancer by Tomeko Mitsui”. This book mentions drinking HUMAM URINE & BS’s treatment is urine… go figure.

My husband is a chiropractor so here’s our game plan: ORGANIC…EVERYTHING ORGANIC, this includes food and hygiene. Organic Carrot, Organic Freeze-dried Wheatgrass, Organic Tumeric (per Dr. Oz), Organic Muliple Vitamin/Mineral Powder, Organic Sauerkraute Juice (per the Cancer Society), and the Organic Bruess Veggie Juice (also mentioned in a book). The best thing to do is be happy everyday and get lots of kisses from a little white fluffy maltese. This breed of dog loves to give you kisses.

God bless your journey with your ‘health challenge’ (we do not call it cancer).

P.S. I am thnking about starting a blog on our journey with our health challenge and sharing all the dos and don’ts that I am reading about. I can do all the reading for you. :-) If you think that my blog would help you out ‘reply’ to this great blog and let me know. I can’t believe that some people on the internet are charging for their secrets and tips on how to deal with their ‘health challenge’. I will never charge for giving back to mankind. My blog will be free. :-)

Amber

April 1, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Please contact me when the blog is ready. I would love to read it!

Scott says:

March 3, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I’ve been fighting sarcoma for 10 and been stage 4 for eight years. When I started reading out the treatment and watching the documentry i felt a lot of support for Dr. Brzinsky and a lot of hatred for the FDA and other related agencies. but I agree there should be no patent until he completes full process. why not publish the entire process in med journal and see if its works even failures might lead to areas to address? But to maintain a perfect facade, a scheme focussed on money and random anecdotal success storie to impress new patients-that’s disgusting. I nothing else there were some legetimate centers refereced. In currently at Dr. Chawla’s srcoma oncology center in Santa Monica,CA After one round typical harsh effects, but it appear to be working. A scan in a few weeks will show. WIll not see seeking out Dr. Brzinsky.

Scott says:

March 3, 2012 at 5:52 pm

By the way, many clinic allow you regardless of whether you radiation or chemo, b/c its about the patitent. The only restriction for Dr CHawla in Santa Monica was no chemo in last 21 days. Otherwise, I’ve had over 30 chem rounds, 2 full radiation treatments, and over 20 surgeries. Yet I was welcomed with open arms.

Scott says:

March 3, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Im a 10 year cancer survivor, stage 4 for 8 years. Reading some articles bout Dr. Bryzinski gave some great hope today and made me even less of a fan of the FDA But it is disturbing that the doctor stays in the same profitbale part of the process where only anecdoes qulaify as proof. If he’s done what he says, publish everything about the study in a reputable medical magazine and see if testing can replicate it. Until then I will not for placebo, treatment I am already getting since he uses chemo too, and highly questionable treatments. My current clinic charges me nothing, and mmy medical insurer is assesed med-Cal rates for Dr. work while meds are entirely free. A far cry. Why charge so much for so long with no progress in process besides both FDA insurance backed interests along with Dr. Bryziniski’s own interests, which may not be as helpful as appears at first glance.

Amy says:

March 6, 2012 at 10:09 am

Dr. B’s work, being highly controversial and flagged by the FDA, will never be published in AMA or other mainstream, medically accredited medical journals due to the controversy and the fact that these publications are overseen by traditional medical physicians. It is a fact in our country that anything that is outside of medical conventionality, is the least likely to be further explored to determine potential accuracy in effectiveness for proper medical usage. I would love to see open trials done on this cancer treatment, but it is unlikely that this will ever occur, either through Dr. Burzynski or through our any other medical avenue, leaving us unable to truly know if this treatment could be a Godsend [ or not ] for cancer patients and their families.

Rory says:

March 5, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I am writing this on March 5, 2012 to give you an account of my experience with the Burzynski Clinic.

I’m a 5 year cancer survivor from grade 3 anaplasitc astrocytoma in the right frontal lobe of my brain. I had gone through all the standard treatments, including 4 brain surgeries, a mild chemotherapy(Temodar,) 12 weeks of x-ray radiation therapy, and gamma knife radiosurgery, but after all that the tumor was still growing. My father had been pushing me to look into the therapy at the Burzynski clinic, since the beginning of my ordeal, but I said I needed to take the “accepted” treatment first and see if it would work. When I found out that the tumor had continued to grow across the midline of my brain, making it inoperable, the neuro-oncologist gave me 6 months to live.

That was it, I sent my records over to Burzynski and began going down that road, thank GOD! Like you, my wife and I flew down to Houston and spent 2 weeks learning how to administer the IV medications and care for the catheter site, and begin using Dr. Burzynski’s Anti-neoplaston drugs, with no side effects. I flew back to SW WA where I continued the use of Dr. B’s drugs for 2 years, all the while having my tumor decrease in size, to the amazement of my Oncologists (who would not agree to support me medically, and who were vehemently opposed to me being treated there!!) My tumor was reduced by 90% after 2 years, so I did another 6 months on the meds. and it was 100% gone! I have been cancer free for 5 years now and have been enjoying my life/time here, watching my children grow up. If I had listened to my doctors, they wouldn’t have a father now, which was my driving factor to surmount that disease!

Granted my cancer was not as dire and life-threatening as your husband’s pancreatic cancer, and the clinic specializes in curing brain cancers. I too had a massive bill to the clinic when it was all through ($80k+,) and recently had to declare bankruptcy to clear that debt. I will forever owe that clinic so much, for having given me my life back. I am saddened to hear of your’s and your husband’s terrible experience, and to see that your bitterness and anger has led to you creating this site, attempting to dissuade people from choosing this option. The way the clinic “sold” the therapy and lured you in with the prospect of having your insurance cover some of it is WRONG and should be investigated further! In my case, there was no pretense that my Bluecross/Blueshield PPO insurance would cover any of the costs, so I was not hit with a massive surprise bill, I just wanted to survive, I didn’t care how much it would cost me!! It would be great if you could update this website-story with some dates (for reference) and give us all a report of how your husband is doing presently. I wish you the best and truly hope that you found an alternative to save his life.

If anyone who reads this and is still considering this option, and you want more details, you may contact me at: rory.lentz@yahoo.com

March 12, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I am always happy to hear a success story! Blessing to you!!

Dr. David Robert Grimes says:

March 6, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Dear Lisa, thank you for writing this.

I am all too familiar with the work of Burzynski and he is either incompetent or a charlatan of the greatest kind. Anyone working in science and medicine knows this, and sadly there are others like him. They exploit people in one of the most awful situations imaginable and sell – at a huge premium – a false hope.

This is not a relic of the FDA, and to anyone mentioning the documentary allow me to quote the Village voice on it – “violates every basic rule of ethical filmmaking…is either unusually credulous, or doesn’t understand the difference between a documentary and an advertisement”. A documentary is not a scientific paper, something Burzynski has produced little of. His experiments have failed replication, and if the man had a cure for cancer you can bet he’d have a ton of publications.

This is not a conspiracy – even if unethical pharma had a cure for cancer (which is a class of disease, not a single entity) you can bet your ass they’d be selling it. After all, doctors die of cancer. Medical physicists like me die of cancer. Paranoid conspiracy theories are just that.

Please try to ignore all the Burzynski trolls – a great deal are likely the work of Marc Stephens, his ‘web optimiser’ who has threatened people who write about Burzynski, and the remainder are people who genuinely want to believe in a miracle – but you are correct, this is not it. I will write about this topic soon and I wish you and you family the best in this trying time – please try not to be too upset my the trolls flooding this beautifully written warning.

Best Regards,

Dave

March 12, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Thank you Dave, I getting really good at ignoring the trolls! After cancer,….. not much else can scare you!!!!!!

Paul Smith says:

March 20, 2012 at 7:51 pm

how can there be criticism if the fda wont comment on it???? why did they try to steal the patents if it is ludicrous??? and why would a news channel show biased information on cured patients??? and lisa no offence but why do you only agree with the negative comments??? Do you not wander why FDA tried to steal the patents?? I genuinely am sorry for your husband! But a hasty consultation and high fees is not what I would call grounds for scam??? Do you have any opinion on the dealings of the FDA at all?
I myself am saying this because of a similar position but different scenario when applying for a course run by a private company! salesmen were responsible for signing students up to the course, which seemed very shady, and they were hasty for the money! but after i researched both the negative and positive i went for it! and it is legit and a very good course, yet a lot of people label it as a scam! and i was very close to believing this myself, but am glad I went for it!

Vincent Schrotten says:

March 7, 2012 at 7:40 am

My brother is a prominent orthodontist, using a cutting edge technique and “hardware” )titanium) in treatment of alignment of teeth and jaws (yes Dr. can “grow” and direct the jaw bone) without surgery. The competing and major medical devise company to the system and company he follows purposely set out to discrete the cutting edge company by paying orthodontist to obtain the competitors hardware and place it without appropriate training, the publish reports of its “failure” to achieve results. Do not be so naive as to think “discrediting” the novel and successful by the entrenched “status quo” (and those with a huge financial interest in not becoming obsolete) in conjunction with and help of equally entrenched “agencies” is not common practice. We saw the same event with electric cars in California in the 80′s. Auto manufacturers with support of government agencies destroying a perfectly good alternative to the status quo for money.

Your experience was unfortunate, but I find your attack questionable and emotional. There are numerous people who testified before congress in contradiction to your story. Did they all commit perjury before congress and were they paid by Burzynski as you are implying? Obviously they had to be according to you since according to you “no one gets cured”.

Please respond.

March 12, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I don’t believe you can fine anywhere is any of my comments where I state,… ‘no one gets cured” I never say that. I only say,….’this is our story,… what happened to us,… do your homework,… go in with your eyes wide open,… and be careful!” If he had not been so dishonest about the financial obligations,…. my husband may have gotten to stay on the treatment. God only knows if it would have worked.

CautiousReader says:

March 10, 2012 at 9:14 pm

I’m listening respectfully to both sides because my family too has been impacted by cancer, that’s why I’m on your site.

I just noticed one thing and thought it might be worth sharing. I looked up the Burzynski Clinic on google maps. Perhaps Lisa was there before they put up their sign, because it IS there. Just wanted to point out that it could not have been a photoshop trick. Not sure that Google or any news channel would go through all the trouble to protect a “quack” like this, if he is one.

Lisa: “We have BEEN TO THE BC,…. we have been in their building,…. and it is a suite on a single floor of that grand looking building in the video,…. AND The clinic title shown on the building in the video is NOT THERE! Someone must be good at Photoshop.”

Beth says:

March 14, 2012 at 4:41 pm

LOL. This was written by the government.
You did it a month, which it clearly states the medication needs to be used ongoing.
Idiots.

April 1, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Ok,…. maybe someone else can figure out what she means here……. not sure who she is calling idiots,… but in the interest of fairness,….. I wanted to approve it.

Adam says:

March 16, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Lisa,

I am so sorry you are dealing with naive people.

I saw a link about Dr. Burzynski on Facebook, and was immediately drawn to it. I write up the blog for a website aimed at kids planning to attend college, and love to be able to put out amazing stories on successes and where they went to college.

What I have found, through extensive internet research, is appalling.

More than a handful of prominent independent researchers have discredited his work. He has been investigated by PRIVATE companies (from outside the U.S.) who have shown that his “treatment” has no real effect.

EVEN HIS EDUCATION IS BS! You don’t receive a Ph.D in one year. I do not care who you are. Where is his thesis? All of his Ph.D research? Contacts at the college have even stated that he did NOT receive a Ph.D.

I’m sorry, when the science behind something is proven to be quackery, how can you argue?

I wish you the absolute best in life, and hope more people take the time to do REAL RESEARCH before they argue with you about any of this.

And, for the other people reading this–watching a documentary and reading HIS OWN websites is NOT research. Its allowing complete BS to be shoved down your throat.

April 1, 2012 at 4:08 pm

THANK YOU ADAM!!!!

Brandon Vallier says:

March 17, 2012 at 8:51 pm

im sure my lack of punctuation will be my downfall but i do it to see if people can look past such things… this page makes me laugh in many ways and at both sides no i dont know any people that survied but those i see on sites or other things but i can also say the same to those that have had bad expirences ive never met ether side so that argument is void to begin with and to throw somthing as miner as he didnt have a sign and saying it must have been photoshopped in then later saying you dont really remember and making the exuse “I will admit, when we were there, it was just after a devastating diagnosis, and building signs were not exactly top on my list. However, I truly do not remember it” very childish to say the least if you dont remember then how can you even say it wasnt there to begin with and for being a person of god you show much hatred and resentment to thoes that have the opposite opinion even go far enough to call sombody a “retard” is simply unprofessional and sad you shouldnt drop down to anothers level simply to prove a point remember he will judge us when the time comes we are not the judges… i also noticed that you keep throwing out there i never hear of many positive storys about the burzynski clinic when there are more on this site then negative yes maybe they were payed off by BC but without proof its the same as people saying your payed by the FDA there for i feel the argument of that there are very few survivers it seems to be the other way around but remember im on no side in this but its funny how nobody wanted to see your husband after he went to BC why is that? obviously they care more about the fact that they think he is a quack more then the health of the very people there sapposed to be helping did that cross your mind at all seems these people could care less about others because they wernt even willing to help this simple fact is apparent in most medical feilds my mother was almost killed because of an overdose on medication that she told the docters prier to the event that they should give her less because of the way her body reacts to medication and i also have a freind who sister is now a vegitable because of a simple mistake that a hospitle made and they still wont take fault on it her name is Breanna Wheaton there now raising money for her to help them pay for the outragious medical bills that came with but the hospital wont do anything this worlds dissregard for humen life saddens me beyond belief i truly wish you and your family a bright future just remember dont let emotions get the best of you and have faith in yourself and your beleifs im not much for religion infact im agnostic because there is not enough proof supporting ether side enough and ive lived by one rule if god is real me being a good person is enough if it isnt then is it really worth believing in to begin with im 22 years old by the way just felt like throwing that out there to see if it disscredits my thoughts as it normally does in this day and age sadly i didnt mean to offend if i did and i apologize i was just speaking my mind

If you seek truth you must have the courage to face it.
love and best wishes
Brandon

April 1, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I’m approving this ONLY for the benefit of “others” who might want to try and make some sense out of all the run-on sentences……. my eyes crossed about a third of the way through it,….. so I just spot read and moved on.

Lori Beairsto says:

March 19, 2012 at 8:49 am

I’m from Canada but doesn’t chemotherapy cost way more than the Burzynski clinic charges? Personally from all the reading I have done if I were diagnosed with a type of cancer that had a poor prognosis with standard of care treatment I would go to this clinic. Not everyone will be cured, you just get a better chance and I’m sure that’s enough for a lot of people to try.

Ramona Fullerton says:

June 2, 2012 at 10:49 am

But what about the cost, it seems like the clinic is catering to the rich. I guess you have a better chance of living if your rich.

daniel kern says:

August 12, 2012 at 3:16 pm

This is absurd. Im disgusted you would try to place a scam on what BRI does. Your story sounds horrible but with every story there is two sides, so i hardly believe u tell the whole story. Now im 19 years old and have gone through losing a brother to non hodgkins lymphoma at age 9. Where it was a 2 year fight that ended with his death not to the cancer but to the chemo and radiation that doctors “specialist in the field recommend” Even after maxing out his insurance in medical bills over 1 mil dollars we went to st. jude which covered and wrote off his bills god bless thier heart. But after finding out recently that there was a cure out there for him and that the U.S. tried to lock up or hide this cure for the mere reason to make money is disgusting. I can only wish that anyone who truly believes that what BRI does is wrong deseves cancer themselves. then see who you run too.

October 18, 2012 at 9:58 am

Reluctantly approved…… this guy sounds very unstable and confused. NO ONE DESERVES CANCER!!!

i.e.~ “I can only wish that anyone who truly believes that what BRI does is wrong deseves cancer themselves. then see who you run too.”

Terrie says:

August 25, 2012 at 11:13 am

On Netflix!!!

Where is the FDA and Cancer Reasearch Funding for this proven effective/ no side effect treatment?

This is why it costs so much for medical neoplastons. The federeal law limits reasearch and FDA limits the combo packet for multiple neo plastons. Only single treatments. This is why it is out of pocket and insurance doesn’t cover it because the FDA and Cancer Reasearch institutes refuse to support clinical trials.

Think for yourself… HOPE for a future!!! The FDA is government controlled and not for the people but for the pockets of the monopoly pharmiceutical companies. Chemo and Radiation are archaeic from 1980s and not modern medicine. Wake up people!!!

There is reasearch! The board refuses to accept his research! LIES!

john krengel says:

September 21, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Agreed,

This website is obviously made by someone clueless. Only someone scared and unkowing would believe this nonsense. The Burzynski clinic provides cutting edge treatment, not some knock off chemo killers that usually is what kills people. not only that it was investigated by the San Francisco Police Departments detective with the highest medal of honor for bravery, and his daughter was cured of brain cancer when chemo failed her. There is a false dissemination of information out there.

One thing is true though this guy wrote, its not cheap to use the Burzynski treatment, but it works and unfortunately it would seem only the rich can afford to survive cancer.

This post probably won’t make it online because this site is obviously the true scam.

October 18, 2012 at 9:42 am

Sorry to disappoint you, but I am approving your comment so people can see for themselves how the “clueless” one truly is. YES,.. we were scared. We had just been given a death sentence! AND BC played on our misfortune and our desperate situation to the absolute fullest!!!!

David says:

March 19, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I have been fortunate to work for the ‘evil’ Pharma companies for over 20 years and in my experience I have not met anyone in my career that would not jump at the chance to cure any disease – especially cancer. The focus, at least within research and development is on independently verified scientific data regarding safety and efficacy of any molecule (drug)- in fact we spend hundreds of millions on clinical trials annually. It would seem that if there was any truth to Burzynski’s claims it would easily repeated in independent clinical studies and/or many big Pharma companies would be lined up to buy his technology or sponsor his trials (my company spends millions every year buying viable technology from small companies). Unfortunately it is just hard to trust someone who is not willing to be transparent with their work – I am sure that if my company just asked the FDA to just trust us and approve our treatments we would receive the same type of scrutiny (of course it would save us a ton of money and time!). In addition this is not a treatment to eliminate cancer (like a vaccine) – its a drug to cure cancer – so there would be a potentially huge market for a big pharma (if it worked…) – so why would Pharma be conspiring to discredit him? Also I don’t see how this has become a political discussion – when in fact the biggest supporters of the Pharma industry have been the republicans (just look at the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act introduced by republicans, sign into law by republicans heavily supported big Pharma lobbyists – estimated to pay half a trillion dollars to big pharma). Wonder if the conspiracy theorist on this site would be willing to point the finger at their own party…Finally if this really was so effective why not just sign up as many patients as possible at no or minimal cost, prove efficacy and get approval to run as a legitimate clinic.

Lisa thank you for your courage and willingness to take on this fight. Hopefully people will at least do their own research and find actual published scientific data (not email threads, movies, youtube, etc.) before entrusting the health of a loved one to any doctor or clinic.

Ken & Sandi Wolfswinkel says:

April 6, 2012 at 8:06 am

On 4/05/12 my wife and I finished viewing the (true story documentary) DVD from Netflix entitled “Burzynski”. The DVD jacket reads: “this documentary follows a biochemist who challenged the FDA for his right to begin clinical trials of a new cancer treatment.” Dr. Burzynski’s treatment led to complete remission for many many patients, who had been informed by their doctor they had no chance for remission with standard chemo and radiation therapies. This DVD is an absolute MUST VIEW for anyone who has an open mind… just rent the video and make up your own mind. As more and more cancer patients were having success, the FDA (in collaboration with big Pharma) began a decade-long attempt to discredit his clinic by bringing 8-10 legal suits against him. The result in ALL trials: not guilty. Can you imagine the significant $$$ loss for big Pharma Co’s if this “upstart” had found a medical breakthrough for fighting cancer..one that he held patents on ? Rent the video– learn the real truth !

HCH says:

June 18, 2012 at 3:10 am

As you referenced in your blog, “unfortunately it is just to hard to trust someone who is not willing to be transparent with their work.” You are correct, it is hard to trust a company that is not transparent when developing a new drug. My question to you, if this is the criteria for trust why do you trust your company?

Lets be honest, it really boils down to who can get the patent approved. What incentive would the FDA have to approve a drug that didn’t include the United States of America on their patent application? It would really be a blow to the FDA’s income if they allowed an individual to solely capitalize on a patent.

Why would Pharma be conspiring to discredit Burzynski? It could have something to do with the two most profitable cancer treatments (chemo & radiation). Notice in Burzynski’s plan of care you are not prescibed either of the two. Can you imagine the effects this would have on the Pharma profitabiliy?

Oh, and to address the comment about providing free treatment in order to prove a point…I am sure he would be willing to provide free treatment if your company were willing to provide free treatment (of course out of their own bank accounts and not the tax payers).

You truly are a fortunate to work for the Pharma industry, no one else would hire you with your narrow mindedness.

February 27, 2013 at 12:26 pm

For your reading pleasure,…… because idiots deserve to be heard too!!!

Niel says:

June 24, 2012 at 3:53 am

Because “The Big Pharma” and FDA prohibet him from treating people and only allowed him to treat people that was already maimed by them and that they had no more answers. Any cure or treatment outside of “The Big Pharma” is prohibit by the laws the FDA has made and pushed through congress with larfge pay offs to politicians.
Cures that has been in existance for thousands of years, at very low cost, has been declared ilegal through the years.
this is no conspiracy theory, this is fact, if they cannot control it, they do not allow it.
Why do you only publish comments against Burzynski and not the success stories of thousands of satisfied patients?

July 20, 2012 at 1:33 pm

The only story I “know” is ours. We had a bad experience. As for the thousands you speak of,….. I’ve found no proof that they are out there. Would LOVE it if I were proved wrong!

lilly says:

September 22, 2012 at 10:59 pm

The claim is that 30-50% of cancers are cured with anti-noplastins. I’m sorry that this protocol did not work for you but it has worked for MANY PEOPLE. Why do you selectively forget about those who have been healed with this protocol? See the movie and listen to the testimonies of survivors. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE in my circle who has died from cancer opted for radiation/chemo. As far as I’m concerned the success rate of chemo/radiation is ZERO!!! If this were such a scam then why would the U.S. Government file Patents with the Patent office (who already issued patents for Burzinski years earlier)?????? Do you people work for the FDA or what? This website is so biased and one-sided it reads like a SCAM to me.

Richard says:

October 1, 2012 at 3:35 pm

If you worked that long for Big Pharma, then I seriously doubt your credibility! I have watched too many documentories and saw way too many testimoials that lend credit to this Doctor’s story. Pharma doesn’t give a shit about people. All they care about is money and there is way too much proof on that point as well!

wieslawa says:

October 10, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Home/Burzynski Scam
Unfortunately, sometimes people cannot be transparent due to plagiarism. Transparency is not always advisable when it comes to protecting yourself from industrial espionage and plagiarism.

Alan says:

October 30, 2012 at 1:52 am

Bottom line is this guy is a complete idiot and moron. Period!!!. What a fucking joke.

Enlightened says:

March 21, 2012 at 11:34 pm

First of every single OPINION here is BIASED. Stop! Wake up. Were you not taught how to think in college? Of course you were not, you were taught how to memorize information as black or white. Firstly, ask yourself who the does FDA work for? It sadly (and makes me angry) is NOT public health, for instance look at GMO’s (this CAUSES CANCER WE ARE INGESTING CANCER BON APPETITE). The FDA IS NOT OUT TO PROTECT US. CORRUPTION RULES and corporate partnerships rule politics. Secondly, the cure to cancer is the most revolutionary break through in our history – what makes you think that this is going to be easy?
It is not going to be easy to prove, maybe because its not perfected it may be “hope”. I don’t think that doctor should claim to cure everyone, and it does not look like he makes outrages promises like normal frauds do. The only thing you can argue is that his patients die 50% less often then regular treatment. He may be outrages expensive, sure ok that doesn’t make it totally corrupt it makes in unfair.
The problem is the insurance system and not so much this doctor you try so much to discredit. I think more research has to be done before we can write off this doctor as a fraud or not. Only time will tell.

April 1, 2012 at 3:59 pm

He’s had over 20 years….. ?

James says:

May 23, 2012 at 1:57 am

20 yrs… So what. The reason they can’t replicate his success is because they don’t have the right compound. Only dr B knows the exact formula. All the FDA wants is to protect the one trillion dollar chemo therapy coffers. That’s the FDA’s only interest. Big Pharma would STEAL his treatment of he submitted the actual compound to him. Why do think he wins all of his cases in federal court??? Because his treatment works… The FDA doesn’t like to give individuals permits. They only serve thier corporate masters!!! In since thier is NO money in cures they continue this smear campaign of false information to keep people juiced up and getting radiation. A cure is a one time thing. Treatment on the other hand is a residual money maker. Which would make better busniess since to you? The FDA must be destroyed!!!!!!!

Exposing Sociopath Drs. says:

May 28, 2012 at 1:37 pm

The informercial Burzynski was a very well done dis information piece. It is part of the cat and mouse approach taken by Dr. Burzynski to hold off government agency accountability in order to allow more time to rip off more patient/victims for tens of thousands of dollars.

If his treatment worked and he cared for human life ,more than personal wealth ,he would have found a way to get the “truth” out. There are many developed nations and wealthy donors all over the world that would have open arms to a Dr. with such a revolutionary approach to treating cancer! Think about how many lives cancer touches? Think about how many wealthy people want to save their family’s as much as the rest of us? They would be more than able and willing to help such a righteous cause as Dr. Burzynski’s if it were true.

Why fight the FDA in America when ones energy can be spent elsewhere saving lives en mass?……….Unless the money to be made is here in the good ole USA. Not only that in the US one is free to fight and play games with the system and US government agencies. Do you think good ole Dr. B can’t afford it with the Tens to Hundreds of thousands he is charging each patient?

Dying patients are the best and easiest to steel from. If they have money it can be removed from them with little resistance and dead people can’t complain when the treatment does not work. The survivors can complain but typically when one is done with years of debilitating grief from loosing a loved one the last thing you want to do when you start to feel better again is look back.

Why do I lean towards such conclusions?

Research and fate. I almost got duped with many of those who watched this so called documentary.

I started by researching Dr. Whittaker. He is the MD in the movie who presents the narrative of: Dr. B is good. FDA and bad big Pharma is bad. (Do I personally there is bad in big Pharma and bad at the FDA. Of course. Is all of Pharma and the FDA “bad”. No I do not believe that)

Well Dr. W , as it turns out, is not your regular kind of MD. He has is own Wellness Center in Newport Beach, CA specializing in alternative treatment. Well what do you know about that.? As a matter of fact a stated previous employee of his Yelped
that she got in trouble for trying to assist patients with getting covered treatment done under their insurance rather than inflated cash prices the “Wellness Center” was gouging their victims with.

Fate

I was at a friends home recently watching the Burzynski movie on Netflix. Right when Dr. Whitaker started talking he paused the move and called out to his wife: “honey is this the guy you used to work for?”. She waked in the room took a look as his picture on the television and I heard her moan “uhhh”. Apparently she had worked for Dr. Whitaker and eventually left unable to justify ripping people off who flew in from all over the world to obtain alternative treatment that yielded appropriate results.

Conclusion

Many of us have such a strong desire to identify and support hero’s. (It is in our caring nature) We want to see the bad called out, the fight for justice and victory by the little guy. Unfortunately we are duped time and time again with a good story-lie presented in multi media fashion. Unfortunately we need to keep in mind there are predators with Phd’s wealthy, intelligent ,sociopaths who create mass wealth on the sick and the dying.

Niel says:

June 24, 2012 at 4:00 am

He has had over 20 years of very positive results and what he got for that is threads from the FDA. The chairperson of the FDA bluntly said in one of Burzynski’s hearings, that they would never allow the cure for cancer to be in the hands of anyone outside The Big Pharma.
His cost is due to the fact that the corrupt medical insurance only covers Big Pharma procedures and not his treatments. So take on the medical insurance for that, not Burzynski.

July 20, 2012 at 1:29 pm

We had no problem with insurance NOT covering,…. we had a problem with BC lying to us,…. telling us it would.

Richard says:

October 1, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Aside from your attack on our college experience, I agree with you. When I watched this video a year or two ago, I was outraged at the attempts by Big Pharma to delegitimize this doctor and his work. I am convinced from the information provided by Dr Bruzinski, the incredible attacks against his work and the number of times he has been exonerated in the courts, his appearance in front of a committee of Congress, and the witnesses who testified at that hearing, that he is onto something that would put a huge gap in the profit of Big Pharma. Every person in this Country who has a loved one who suffers, or lost their fight to cancer, should be outraged if Dr Bruzinski’s research and treatment does successfully treatment and save some lives of those suffering from this disease!!!

Alexandra says:

October 17, 2012 at 10:47 am

Cancer itself is a TRILLION dollar business in the united states. Why would the FDA actively search for and mass produce a cure for cancer, when the pharmaceutical companies producing chemotherapy drugs keep it in business? The FDA, in a round-about way, is being PAID OFF by “the big pharma”. Dr. Burzynski cured my grandmother’s second bout with breast cancer, and she’s been cancer free for 4 years. The first bout? “Cured” by chemo, which was hell on earth, only to have the cancer return less than a year later.

Rachel & Brett says:

March 25, 2012 at 7:52 pm

There is a grievance with the business, not the research and scientific evidence. One must not make outlandish claims about the standards of the scientific community when one lacks both literary and scientific knowledge, understanding and competence.

There are patents filed by the US Government on Dr. Burzynki’s research based on Dr. Burzynski’s 20 year study and investigation on compounds that he and his staff discovered had anti-cancer properties. Paradoxically, the patents do not name him as the inventor or even as a principal contributor, though the US Gov. (which I use to encompass the pharmaceutical companies and government funded cancer research entities) had the audacity to cite his research and facility in the patent. The facts are clear. Evidence supporting Dr. Burzynski’s claims are available in archives that require time and energy to dig through. A task in which many critics chose not to invest.

In current news, Coca-Cola is only recently altering their products’ chemical composition (more specifically lowering the amounts of the caramel color additive 4-methylimidazole present in most Coca-Cola and Pepsi Inc products) in order to avoid a cancer-causing warning label in California. Can you guess which government body has sided with the large multi-million dollar beverage companies and has all but discredited the evidence behind the cancer-causing claim? The ever present tyrant, the FDA.

With all due respect, it seems you should have saved the time and energy spent in making this site and simply posted a review on yelp.com. Use caution with every endeavor as to not succumb to mere speculation.

Sorry for your hardships and God bless.

Marrissa says:

May 17, 2012 at 9:08 pm

thank you so much for bringing a little logic to the table! from this person’s struggle, all i got was “it cost a lot” – which of course the insurance companies weren’t going to pay for a treatment still considered “experimental”. they should be lucky they got out that cheap! some chemo is $10k a visit and you have to go every 3 weeks… not to mention all of OTHER meds!

totally wouldn’t be surprised if this site was created by the very people that are trying to slander dr burzynski!!!

February 27, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Oh my…… broken record!

Craig says:

March 27, 2012 at 12:24 am

I haven’t read all the comments all the way down, so if I’m off topic, sorry.

You have the be careful when watching “documentaries”. Just look up the 20/20 John Stossel piece where he paid to have an infomercial made for a product he knew didn’t work. He even told the production company he had no proof the product worked. They happily made the infomercial knowing full well they were making a scam. The production company found actors to do the phony testimonials, and even found a doctor to claimed the product worked. The end result looked just like any infomercial you see on tv. They showed it to a bunch of people in a mall and they all believed it.

This is exactly why you have to be really careful when you watch that kind of entertainment. They are usually very biased editorials. Plus, he a pretty strong motivations to make people think his service are legitimate.

HCH says:

June 18, 2012 at 2:40 am

In addition, you have to be careful when reading blogs.

who knows says:

July 29, 2012 at 6:29 pm

ok, so your saying that they found a police officer and made all that up?? with, i say again, WITH cited sources through out the movie?? im gonna answer that for you>>>> NO they didn’t.

ckindbxrows says:

March 31, 2012 at 11:30 am

intermax pharm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56ieLEERTGc#933 – femara alternatives natural drugs kwik pharmacy
nanotechnology medicine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Sgl8K3Tjg#447 – cost femara anastrozole chinese herbal medicine miami fl
field of medicine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bNtt_T82I#791 – link the lakota medicine wheel
international congress internal medicine 27th http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGbSrfNfk24#516 – femara and aspirin drugs med school and rural medicine program
study alternative medicine in pa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-OL_RB-79Q#840 – link kps pharmacy inc
doctorate of naturopathic medicine bridgeport ct http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30qL6XwF9y0#417 – hma pharmacy
jpi pharm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N5VxsKqUi8#235 – femara and breast cancer treatment hormonal poultry medicine ppt
cat thyroid medicine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pny4MSenwyw#708 – femara and high cholesterol mg greg thompson nature medicine
cardia heart medicine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twbJj8MZRug#380 – femara and cramping cancer natural adhd medicine
best internal medicine doctors in denver http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivlgZhjG3vs#369 – link pharmacy auxilary labels for drugs
dean of medicine woman first <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56ieLEERTGc#824 – femara alternatives herbal harrolds pharmacy
what is a hospital pharmacy <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Sgl8K3Tjg#129 – anastrozole femara bodybuilding institute for sleep medicine delmar
honoring the medicine speak quietly <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bNtt_T82I#184 – joseph woolley md internal medicine
warehouse for pharmacy medicine <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGbSrfNfk24#481 – femara and aspirin albertson pharmacy little rd arlington texas
medical park pharmacy in bloomfield mi <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-OL_RB-79Q#454 – wallaby medicine
ph acne medicine <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30qL6XwF9y0#202 – link heartburn herbal medicines
sisters pharmacy <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N5VxsKqUi8#725 – femara and cancer treatment other breast certified pharmacy technician test
homeopathic tmj medicine <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pny4MSenwyw#602 – femara and high cholesterol mg acadia pharm
purchase sumatriptan pharmacy <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twbJj8MZRug#928 – femara and cramping cancer kings pharmacy port arthur
make herbal medicines <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivlgZhjG3vs#339 – femara and infertility fertility palm pilot medicine doses

Share Your Story

Many others have contacted us about their experiences with the Burzynski Clinic. We’ve added this discussion thread to enable those that wish to share their stories to do so. Your contact information (Email & Phone) will not be published unless you include it in the “Your Story / Comments” section.